Thursday, June 17, 2010

I'm mixed (b&w) and i have dreadfully curly hair.. i want to straighten it..?

i want to straighten it and have it stay that way for a while. my hair's the weirdest texture.. any heat or humidity or any water at all makes it fluff up in a second.. it's really hard to keep it straight, so really the only time i ever do it is in the spring time on those cooler days.. is there something i can do to help keep it straight longer? i used to relax my hair all the time, but i don't do it anymore cuz i swear my hair hasn't grown in like 10 years, but if i got it relaxed prof. do you think it would help? and i'm looking for a better flat iron too. i want to change my hair color, but i can't do it unless my hair's straight, because what i want to do would make it look really tarded if it was curly.. please PLEASE help!



I'm mixed (b%26amp;w) and i have dreadfully curly hair.. i want to straighten it..?

get permanent straightened hair.



ColorSeasons3 straighteners are really good. http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/ele/5406...



I'm mixed (b%26amp;w) and i have dreadfully curly hair.. i want to straighten it..?

I'm sure you have, but try salon products like Redken. The Redken (25) hairspray protects extremely well against humidity, I have found (I have the same problem with the humidity frizzing and curling my hair). They also have really good straightening gels.



Try that if you don't want to chemically straighten it.



I'm mixed (b%26amp;w) and i have dreadfully curly hair.. i want to straighten it..?

idk how to help with the frizziness and fluffiness when its humid (my hair does that too lol!) but for the straightener part i have this really great straightener!!! gives my wavy hair a PIN STRAIGHT look! its great its a little expensive but its worth its called HAI (hair art information) automatic sense control system. Its slim, light, and all aroung the best!



you can find it in most salons!



I love it and im sure you would!



I'm mixed (b%26amp;w) and i have dreadfully curly hair.. i want to straighten it..?

you could professionally straighten it, but that could totally fry your hair. Talk to your stylist there are some really cute ways to have your hair curly too. Personally fro's look cute if your pull them back with a head band. Or you could relax the curls with some type of product. i think they sell stuff just for people with your kind of hair at Sally Beauty Supply for all different styles if you want to check it out. Look at http://www.sallybeauty.com/No-Lye+Relaxe...



I'm mixed (b%26amp;w) and i have dreadfully curly hair.. i want to straighten it..?

Dreadfull is a strong word to use towards a part of oneself. After 10 years of "relaxing" your hair, I hope you understand now why it never seemed to grow. It won't matter if it's done by a pro, the chemicals break down the hair cuticle and bonds causing permanent damage. Every time you go for a touch up, your stylist will cut off your badly split ends and there goes your hair growth for that month. Maybe you should relax the unrealistic standard you set for your hair and learn to work with your curls.



I'm not trying to give you a hard time. I'm just trying to be real with you. All of those techniques that people are suggesting are short term and you'll be back where you started at the slightest bit of humidity.



Please take a look at this website, it offers great tips on how to manage your curly hair and you can read and see how others learned to love and accept their natural curls after years of fighting to get rid of them:



http://www.naturallycurly.com//



I'm mixed (b%26amp;w) and i have dreadfully curly hair.. i want to straighten it..?

Ask your hair stylist if they have used Cationic Hydration Interlink (CHI) products.I found out through a hair stylist friend. I have very natural curly hair. I suffered many horrible names when I was in grade school, and even in high school. I hated my curly hair. For years I struggled with wanting straight hair. I finally found the answer for me. I also found a stylist who was trained in the process. If you have used any hair straightening process in the past year, I was told allow the hair grow out until the product is completely gone. It may take up to a year. You need to check if that is absolutely necessary. Once I started using CHI, I could go 6-8 months without straightening again.Sometimes I have gone almost a year. I used a flat iron to smooth out and style the hair during those months. I have been very happy with the process. It takes a stylist many hours to work with your hair, and stick with you. They cannot be coloring or doing another person's hair. Therefore the cost of the process can be very high. Also remember you do not have to do it frequent. Expect to pay $200-360 for the process. I also used the CHI shampoo,conditioner, the Silk Infusion (oil)and Kera Mist (light hair spray). I have used the products for the past 7 years. Coloring was no problem. Bleaching is not recommended as it will break down the hair fibers. Recently I decided to go back to being curly again. I have more confidence in myself. I know that I can look good with straight or curly hair. Curly has been "in" for the last few years. It did not cost you anything to get that curly look like our straight-hair sisters. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
student loan